Monday, March 4, 2013

Like a family

My favorite part of teaching in a small school is the close friendships that have developed between the staff. My fellow teachers and staff have become like sisters and brothers; we are a team working hard to help our students, and this effort has brought us together in a very special way. I know that they care about how I'm feeling and how my day has gone. I know that they are there for me when I'm stressed during a bad day and I need someone to vent to.

Last week we participated in a team-building exercise. We all wrote something we appreciated about each of our fellow staff. It warmed my heart to read the encouraging notes that they wrote for me, and to know how much they appreciate me.

Wherever life may take us, I know that this experience has built friendships that will always leave a mark. I am grateful for each person that I have had the opportunity to work beside.

No comments:

Post a Comment