Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I am a teacher

As a first year teacher, I began my journey asking a lot of questions, such as "how should I best help special-ed students?", "how should I grade this assignment?", "what rules should I enforce in the classroom?" I never felt like I was the one with the answers. I was always looking to see if I was meeting expectations, and fulfilling the role I am supposed to fill.
As I have grown as a teacher, that has changed. I am now confident in my role as a teacher. I know what my students need. I know how to help them learn. I know that there is still so much that I want to learn, but I also know that I can learn it.
I am a teacher. I care. I work with passion to meet my students' needs. I give, I guide, I motivate, I provide. I am a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment